Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Screw the soap box; let's stand atop mountains and hold hands while shouting, "ENOUGH!!!





"Straight Americans need... an education of the heart and soul. They must understand - to begin with - how it can feel to spend years denying your own deepest truths, to sit silently through classes, meals, and church services while people you love toss off remarks that brutalize your soul." ~Bruce Bawer, The Advocate, 28 April 1998
 A friend on a social site, I won't name [but it rhymes with Facebook] linked this story and I immediately felt ashamed of the human race in general. Before I knew it, I was writing a novella in the comment section on her page. Want to know what I think about it? I don't care if you want to, I'm sharing it anyway.
Here's what have to say:
Tragic and absurd that this is happening in the year 2011! We are all of one kind; humanity. I wish we wouldn't pick each other apart and find pieces to shun simply because it is not a piece of ourselves. You're not white like me. You're not Baptist like me. You're not female like me. You're not straight like me. So if you're not just like me; you must be wrong. You must be separate. Different. It's disgusting. We are all human, we are all worthy and entitled to be ourselves without being punished or left out because of what makes us different. What makes us different from the next person; makes us truly beautiful. Marriage [legal in the eyes of the government] is a right EVERYONE should be entitled. I hope my point makes sense. We wouldn't say, "You're marriage doesn't *really* count because you're a democrat and you're a republican." Or "You can only have a *pretend* title of marriage because you're black and you're Asian." Yet, it is okay for us to say "You aren't entitled to the same rights as a heterosexual married couple because you're a man and you're a man." Grrrrrr. So asinine. Why do we still have to *fight* for civil rights? We should all be more evolved than that by now. Just sayin.... Sorry for the book on your page. :/

So, the point I'm making is this; if you are a giant tool and are against other humans having the same rights and opportunities as the rest of the collective whole; we cannot be friends. I will never be able to respect someone that is that ginormous of a WANKER.



Right then... I'm done talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment